Watch out, Vans is bringing back the House of Vans summer concert series, House Parties. Back for six exhilarating shows in Greenpoint, Brooklyn, the free House of Vans events marry a robust music lineup with an elevated art exhibition, setting the stage for an experience that pays homage to New York City’s punk, hardcore and hip hop heritage alongside Vans’ one-of-a-kind culture.
To celebrate the evolution of street culture and the aesthetic of New York City, Vans has partnered with several visual artists to transform the House of Vans into an art experience that will showcase various mediums. The immersive experience begins as guests approach House of Vans where they will be treated to a special light installation customized by Ken Farmer that is inspired by a once flickering light existing several years ago on the building’s burnt out marquee. Upon entering, the space will continue to evolve with several installations including graffiti by iconic NYC artists WANE ONE and Stash, a massive collage using vintage NYC punk flyers by Scott Ewalt, and a fully functioning boombox wall commemorating ‘80s hip hop and street culture from Bayete Ross Smith.
See below for the lineup and you can now RSVP to attend the first show of the 2016 Vans House Parties summer series on May 19th.
- May 19: Jon Hopkins, The Black Madonna, The Field – RSVP Open 5/9
- June 9: DIIV, BadBadNotGood, Sunflower Bean, The Paranoyds – RSVP Open 5/25
- June 16: Rae Sremmurd, Denzel Curry – RSVP Open 5/25
- June 23: Sleep, Battles – RSVP Open 6/13
- June 29: Neon Indian, Factory Floor, Kim Ann Foxman – RSVP Open 6/13
- July 6: Quicksand, Converge – RSVP Open 6/28